There are two options for making special offers to your customers:
- You create a product for which the discount is already integrated one more time. The quickest way to do this is to copy the relevant product and then just change the price. To do this, go to Account > Products in the vendor view, and click on the scrolled paper icon of the relevant product.
- For the second option – which we will explain in more detail below – the customer will receive the discount code/voucher code from you (for example on the sales page) and will enter it on the Digistore24 order form. Alternatively, you can prefill the voucher field on the order form by entering the discount code.
1. Create discount code
- In the vendor view, go to Settings > Discount codes.
- Click on the button Create discount code.
- In the first field, enter the Code that your customer will enter on the order form to receive the discount.
- In the next field, select the Currency. This is important if you want to discount a fixed amount (see next point). Other currencies are converted at the exchange rate for that day.
- In the following two fields, you now have the option of creating a discount code on a percentage basis (left column) or based on a fixed amount (right column). You can also choose whether the discount code only applies to the first installment/single purchase price or for follow-up installments as well. Discounts for follow-up installments only apply to payment plans with subscription and installment payments.
- Next, select the Products for which you want to offer the discount code.
- For Valid from/until, you can limit the time the discount code can be used or limit the Number of usages.
- In the Affiliate field, you can enter the Digistore24 ID of the affiliate that will receive the commission if someone buys a product using the created code.
- Finally, click Save.
Note: Even if a cookie is set for an affiliate, the discount code affiliate prevails over the cookie.
This is what it looks like when your customer enters the discount code/voucher code on your order form:
2. Prefill the voucher field on the order form by entering the discount code
You can save your potential customers from entering the discount code and include it in the order form URL so that the discount becomes active when the page is called up.
If the discount code should be entered automatically on the order form, this can be done via the GET parameter voucher. Complete the order form URL:
All you have to do is add ?voucher=VOUCHERCODE to the order form URL and replace the placeholder VOUCHER CODE in the URL with the Code of your discount.
If you want to add the pre-filled voucher field to your multi step order box, you must enter the parameter at the end of the last URL. Be sure to add the parameter before the apostrophe.
<script src='https://www.digistore24.com/service/js/orderform_widget.js'></script><script>const DS24_ORIGIN='https://www.digistore24.com';</script>
<iframe id='ds24_payIFrame' style='overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 600px; border: none; background: transparent;' src='https://www.digistore24.com/product/123456/12345?voucher=VOUCHERCODE'></iframe>
3. Special case: Discounts on upsell products
If you want to give your customers a discount on your upsell product, then first create a discount code as described above and activate it for your upsell product. If desired, you can also activate the discount code for your initial product and other upsell products.
Depending on whether you want to give your customers the discount on the upsell product and the initial product at the same time, or only on the upsell product, there are now 2 options:
Option 1: You want to give your customers the discount on the upsell product and the initial product – you have therefore activated the discount code for both the upsell product and for the initial product
You do not need to do anything more here. If your customer has already entered the discount code on the initial product’s order form or the discount code is already preselected on the initial product’s order form, then the discount is also automatically preselected on the order form of the upsell product.
Option 2: You want to give your customers a discount on the upsell product, but not on the initial product – you have therefore only activated the discount code for the upsell product
In this case, attach the discount code with the GET parameter voucher to the answer URL, which is behind the buy link on your upsell sales page and leads to the upsell order form:
All you have to do is add ?voucher=VOUCHERCODE to the order form URL and replace the placeholder VOUCHER CODE with the Code of your discount.
If you use the shortcode of the Digistore24 plugin for the buy link, simply attach the GET parameter voucher to it:
(Replace VOUCHERCODE with the discount code you created.)
As an alternative to attaching the discount code to the answer URL, you can also allow your customers to enter the discount code themselves on the upsell order form. This is only possible if the order form is displayed again (e.g. to enter address) – this is not possible with 1 click upsells!
4. Discounts for order changes
Your customers have different ways of replacing their order with a new one on Digistore24 – e.g. by upgrading. You can find out what happens with the discount in such a case here:
Discount for an upgrade/downgrade
Here the discount code/voucher code from the previous order is only used if it is still valid at the time of the change and if it is activated for the new product.
Change of package/change of payment plan
Here the discount code/voucher code from the previous order is always used – even if it has been deactivated or deleted.