Pay per lead contract
Promo tracking pixel
Protected invitation link
- Option enabling a vendor to grant their staff access to their account
- Product that is offered in addition to the initial product on the order form
- Add-ons are additional products that complement your main product and are selected before purchase confirmation. They are different to upsell products, which are offered directly after the purchase
- Materials provided by the vendor (e.g. banner, email templates) with which the affiliate can promote their products
- The vendor’s sales partner (publisher) who promotes the vendor’s products and receives a commission after a purchase via a promolink
- The process of assigning an affiliate to a purchase is called affiliate attribution.
Affiliate referral program (second tier program)
- Program through which a promoting affiliate recruits new affiliates via a promolink provided by the vendor. The affiliate receives a percentage of the commission from the vendor for every sale generated by the newly recruited affiliate.
Affiliate support page
- This page informs your affiliates on how to promote your product, and ideally this page should be linked to in the header or footer of your sales page, as well as on the Digistore24 marketplace.
- Detailed display in your backoffice which enables you to measure the performance of your sales process
- Application Programing Interface or programing interface that allows external systems to read data (e.g. product lists or Digistore24 orders)
- Long combination of letters and numbers required to gain access to the Digistore24 API
- Action-based email that is automatically sent to the customer (see Follow-up email marketing system)
- Account view which only the account owner at Digistore24 can access
- This is where all internal processes can be tracked and seen, and where products can be set up
- List via which customers who have had too many chargebacks are automatically blocked from making further purchases
- Contract between two companies – here it is between a vendor and Digistore24
- Can be attached to the promolink and enables the affiliate to track their campaign according to this key
- Marketplace figure that is calculated from the sales volume of cancellations compared to the total sales of the product. Please note that refunds are also included when calculating the cancellation rate.
- Synonym for order form
- Marketplace figure which describes the purchase rate (buyer per order form visitor
- Amount of definite cart/order form visitors
- Refund of a payment carried out by the customer or their bank which is liable to charges
- Product specification which defines the amount that affiliates receive for their function as an intermediary that led to the sale
- The contentlink is used to track potential customers when they do not directly land on the sales page as is the case with the promolink, but rather land on a webinar page first.
- The customer is directed to a webinar page via contentlink. The contentlink places a cookie in the customer’s browser.
- The customer then receives a link in the vendor’s webinar (e.g. via email after the webinar).
- The customer now buys the product via the vendor’s sale link, and the affiliate is still correctly identified thanks to the cookie put in place at the beginning.
The promolink can’t be used here, therefore there is the contentlink.
- A site containing only content (e.g. text or a video) or a conversion instrument (e.g. opt-in-form)
- Process by which the visitor of a website is led from a simple visit to concrete action (e.g. purchase, download, entering email address etc.)
- Amount of conversions divided by the exact amount of visitors
- A kind of virtual label which is placed in the customer’s browser after they have clicked the promolink or contentlink and by which the affiliate can be recognized
- With it the vendor can sell another vendor’s products as an upsell in their own sales process
- Collective invoice about your earnings as a vendor/affiliate issued by Digistore24
- Option for customers on the Digistore24 contact form to give feedback on the usability/content of the product. By doing so, they can help to improve the product
Customers to affiliates
- Option by which a vendor can turn a customer who uses the product successfully into their affiliate
- Your chosen username with which you can sign up to Digistore24 as a vendor or affiliate
- Change of an existing subscription/installment to a cheaper product
- Product that is offered to the customer in the sales process after rejecting an upsell and before the customer gains access to the product they’ve already purchased
- Ticket delivered in electronic form and not as a hardcopy, and whose data can be read using a barcode or QR code
- The e-ticket is often used for seminars
- Window that is shown as soon as the website visitor wants to leave the site without having carried out an action and when they click on the cross to close the page.
- A favicon is a small icon that is displayed in the address line of a web browser to the left of the URL
Fees for additional services
- Entry in the credit note which reports the chargebacks
Follow-up email marketing system
- System that automatically sends action-based follow-up emails to customers e.g. Klick-Tipp
- The total payments that have been received and are pending for subscription and installment payments
- A fulfillment partner is a company that is responsible for the packaging and delivery of your physical products
- Digistore24 offers the possibility of technically connecting this partner to our platform. This way, your partner will be informed of the shipping address when a physical product is sold.
- Please note that you must use a fulfillment partner independently. Digistore24 can only offer technical connection, and can’t help with selecting a fulfillment partner or even with delivery.
- Shortcodes that can be inserted into a URL to retrieve certain information (e.g. buyer’s name and product ID)
- Link which a vendor can use to invite affiliates to promote their product without them being registered at Digistore24 (see also protected invitation link)
- HTML element which serves for the structuring of websites and is used to embed other web contents into a website
- Product that is sold first i.e. before an upsell (= main product)
- Billing type with limited runtime where the complete product price is not paid all at once but rather in installments and can be cancelled anytime, in accordance with the settings in Digistore24
- IPN protocol that is automatically created for an order
- Instant Payment Notification informs the target system about new registrations or the current payment status of existing customers via an IPN URL.
- Partnership with one or more partner vendors
- Page to which the customer is directed after they have clicked on an advertisement
- Principle according to which the affiliate responsible for placing the most recent cookie on a buyer’s computer receives the commission
- Launch and start of the sale for a product
- Interested person won by them giving their name and email address
- Letter or number code with which a software product can be locked and which has to be entered before the product can be used
- Option for where to place your product as affiliates regularly look for promotable products
- Special offer for customers who have already bought an installment/subscription product
- Member administration portal via which vendors activate their protected contents for their customers for regular contribution payments e.g. DigiMember
Missed recurring payment
- Payment status for subscription products or installments which is shown if the charge from the customer’s account was not successful, if a chargeback occurred or if the vendor or Digistore24 made a cancellation or gave a refund.
- URL that is automatically generated by the external system to which the Digistore24 notifications shall be sent and which has to be entered in the Digistore24 IPN settings when connecting the external system with Digistore24.
Order confirmation email
- Confirmation email about the purchase with an access link to the product which the customer automatically receives after the purchase.
Order confirmation page
- The order confirmation page is the thank you page created by Digistore24, which only appears if you as a vendor have not created your own thank you page in the product details of your product. The order confirmation page contains all information about the purchased product, the link to access the product, the link to the invoices (if activated), and the “become an affiliate” link with which you can win customers as affiliates. The order confirmation page and the thank you page can be accessed by clicking on the access link in the order confirmation email. It is the same for upsell products: if you as a vendor haven’t created your own upsell thank you page in the product details, then an upsell order confirmation page created by Digistore24 will appear.
- A form provided by Digistore24 which the customer uses to complete the purchase by entering their data and payment method
Order form tracking
- Tracking method which measures the amount of order form visitors and transfers this information to other systems
- Unique identification number given by Digistore24 for each order
- Link to the order form
- Form for entering and sending your personal data for the customer (e.g. name and email address)
- Account to which the vendor and affiliate earnings are transferred
- Transaction type which is shown if the payment was not successful
- Concerns the payment methods: PayPal, direct debit, credit card, instant bank transfer, prepayment
- Concerns the payment cycles: monthly, yearly and single payments etc.
- Transaction type which is shown as long as there has not been a payment sent to Digistore24
Pay per lead contract
- Commission model where the affiliate receives a commission for a lead (= won interested person) and not after a purchase
- See Shortcode.
- Marketplace figure and product specification that describes an average value from the existing sales prices of a product
- Marketplace figure that is calculated by dividing the total earnings of the product by the amount of cart visitors
- A definite click on the Digistore24 promolink. Definite means that only one click is counted per person.
- Clicks done by bots are excluded from the Digistore24 statistics. Clicking on the promolink leads to a sales page. Promoclicks are counted e.g. in order to compare the amount of clicks with the number of actual purchases later on (the so-called conversion).
- Link that directs you to a sales page and contains the product information, as well as the affiliate ID
- For the difference between promolink and contentlink, see also Contentlink.
- This function can be used by vendors who want to block domains which should no longer send any traffic. These domains may be platforms, such as MyAdvertisingPays. If an affiliate places an advert (e.g. the affiliate placed promolinks there) on a domain blocked by the vendor, then a customer can’t complete the purchase via this promolink. Otherwise, the vendor could easily deceive his affiliates by simply blocking their domains. The vendor who doesn’t want to pay affiliates who advertise on certain domains has no right to the sale. An error message is displayed to the customer if they try to make a purchase.
Promo tracking pixel
- Program code that is integrated into the landing page and that is – besides the promolink – another tool to recognize an affiliate
- Marketplace figure that is calculated by sales, amount of active affiliates, cancellation rate, quality and affiliate support page
- Identification number that is given by Digistore24 only once per product
Protected invitation link
- Link via which affiliates that are not registered at Digistore24 are automatically accepted as a partner of the inviting vendor, even if the option automatically accept affiliations is switched off for one or more of their products (see also invitation link)
- Payment refund to a customer by the vendor or by Digistore24 which is free of charge
- Transaction type which is shown if a refund has not been successful as the payment occurred more than 60 days ago or the means of payment was no longer valid.
- Option in the vendor’s account with which they can define the refund regulation for their products
- Transaction type which is shown if the payment refund has been requested and has been submitted to Digistore24 for verification.
- Procedure that can be activated to dun conspicuous customers (e.g. after chargebacks)
- The customer will receive up to 3 email reminders to catch up on the payment
- Digistore24 is the contractual partner of the customers
- Marketplace figure that shows the total earnings per customer over the complete runtime
- For single payments: A sale is a complete payment transaction
- For installments and subscriptions: A sale is the first (initial) payment not including the following payment(s)
- Page to which the customer is directed after they’ve clicked on the promolink
- The button with the link to the Digistore24 order form is found here
- Marketplace figure that reveals how sales-boosting a site is depending on the sales quantity
- Extended deposit of 10% of the product price which is in line with the industry standard and which will be paid 60 days after the purchase in order to settle any chargebacks that occur
- A shortcode is a placeholder that WordPress can replace. Such placeholders are useful because you can use them to easily create website content automatically. You can use these shortcodes (placeholders) wherever you can type text in WordPress. So, for example, on WordPress pages, in posts or in links.
- You can recognize a shortcode because it starts and ends with a square bracket e.g. [digistore_first_name]
- Billing type where the complete product price is paid with one single payment
Social proof bubble/box
- The social proof bubble is a small pop-up that slides into the page from the bottom and disappears shortly afterwards. It contains text such as “Oliver K. from GER also bought this two hours ago.” The social proof bubble can be integrated into the order form and the sales page.
- Unlike the bubble, the social proof box appears permanently and displays multiple purchases at once. It can only be integrated into the sales page.
- A test where half of the visitors to a vendor’s sales page are directed to another sales page of the same vendor. This second sales page differs in one element (e.g. price, graphics, video etc.). The aim is to adapt this element according to the variant that has led to more sales
- Page with an opt-in form in which the visitors can enter their email addresses
- Automatic check on the customer’s solvency before the purchase
- Certificate that checks the customer’s confidential data in real time and transfers them encrypted to our external systems
- Affiliate who receives the commission if no affiliate was tracked at a sale
- Billing type with unlimited runtime
- It can be cancelled anytime
- The support link is a link included in the order confirmation email. If you click on this link, you will be taken to a website where frequently asked questions about ordering are answered.
- A kind of label that is only valid at Digistore24 and with which you can tag buyer groups (e.g. discounted)
- Appearance of a product user who promotes the product with their testimonial
- Option with which you can test the whole sales process with every payment plan and which is only visible to you
Thank you page
- A page created by the vendor to which the customer is forwarded after the purchase by clicking on the access link in the order confirmation email. On this page, the customer will find all information and the access link to the product. If the vendor has not specified a thank you page for a product, the order confirmation page created by Digistore24 will appear as a replacement.
Thank you page key
- Digital signature with which the customer’s order data that has been transferred to the thank you page URL can be protected from manipulation
- Tracking of a proces through recordings with subsequent evaluation
- Can be appended to the order URL via GET parameters and enables the vendor to track their sales at Digistore24
- Account movement of any kind; an installment purchase consists of e.g. several transactions
- Identification number given only once per transaction by Digistore24
- Change of an existing subscription/installment to a more expensive, more comprehensive product
- Product that is automatically offered to the customer directly after the purchase of the main product before they receive access to the main product
- Summary of the initial product and the products that are sold as upsells and downsells
Upsell order confirmation page
- If you haven’t created your own upsell thank you page, the customer will instead see the Digistore24 upsell order confirmation page if they have purchased an initial product and additional upsell products. On the upsell order confirmation page, all purchased products are listed with their links to the individual order confirmation pages/thank you pages for the products.
Upsell sales page
- Sales page of a product that is exclusively sold as upsell
Upsell thank you page
- Alternative upsell order confirmation page created by the vendor themselves. It is displayed to the customer after the purchase of the main product and one or more upsell products; they only need to click on the link in the order confirmation email. This page gives the customer access to the individual thank you page created by the vendor.
- Internet address or link to an internet page (Uniform Resource Locator)
- Variant of a product that differs in one characteristic that does not necessitate a change in price
- Product manufacturer (advertiser) who offers their own products that can be promoted by affiliates
- Interactive seminar that is held online and during which an exchange takes place between the lecturer and the participant within a defined start and end time