1. Commissions for brokered sales
If you promote the product of a vendor, you will always receive the agreed commission if an end customer clicks on the promolink you have set on your site and then buys a product on your vendor’s sales page within 180 days.
If the vendor sells additional products on the same sales page using the same vendor account, you as an affiliate will also get the commission if another product is sold – provided that the vendor has automatically accepted affiliations (which they can set on an individual basis). If you have any questions for the vendor regarding the acceptance of affiliations, please contact them directly. You will usually find the vendor’s contact details on the sales page above the footer.
There are two ways to view the commissions you have earned:
- On the dashboard: Here you can see directly if you have generated any commissions.
- In the affiliate view under Reports > Sales.
2. Commissions for generated leads
Some vendors also pay you commissions for generated leads. In online jargon, a lead is an interested party gained in the form of an email address and the name of the interested party. In the offline area, this would correspond to a telephone number or postal address. The interested party can be contacted by the dealer and encouraged to make a purchase.
Step-by-step guide: Enter into a pay per lead contract
- In the affiliate view, go to Account > Leads.
- Change to the tab All pay per lead offers.
- Here you will see all the vendors’ pay per lead offers. If you want to enter into a pay per lead contract, click on the pencil icon of the respective offer.
- Read the Terms.
- If you accept these, click on Yes for Accept terms.
- Click Save.
- In the window that opens, click OK.
You can now view your pay per lead contracts in the tab My pay per lead contracts.
View commissions for generated leads
You can find an overview of the leads and commissions you have generated under Account > Leads in the tab My leads.
3. Commissions for referred affiliates (Affiliate referral commission)
With the affiliate referral commission, you recommend other potential affiliates to promote a vendor’s product. In return, you will receive a share in all sales that these new affiliates broker – without time limit.
The affiliate referral program is product-specific. The vendor can activate it individually for one or more products from their range. This is necessary because the vendor finances the commissions. Affiliates cannot therefore “generally” win affiliates; it has to be “specifically” for certain products.
How to attract new affiliates – All steps at a glance
- The affiliate referral program must be activated by the vendor on a product-specific basis. They must also determine the commission.
- The vendor must then send you the Referral link.
- Send this referral link to the new potential affiliates.
View already referred affiliates
- In the affiliate view, go to Account > Contracts.
- Change to the tab Affiliate Referral Commission.
Here you can see all the referred affiliates. Use the search mask to find a specific affiliate faster.
View commissions from the affiliate referral program
- In the vendor view, go to Reports > Commissions.
- In the dropdown menu Type, place a check for Affiliate referral.
- Finally, click Search.
The results in the list are now commissions exclusively from the affiliate referral program.
4. Shares in your partners’ sales (Joint ventures)
It is possible to enter into joint venture partnerships with only an affiliate account and be involved in the sales of your partners accordingly.
For this, your joint venture partner must have a vendor account on Digistore24 and provide your Digistore24 ID as well as your agreed share of the earnings when creating the joint venture.
View shares in the sales of your partners
You can view your partners’ sales and your share of the earnings in the affiliate view under Reports > Your partners’ sales.